What should I do when there is no water available to wash my hands?

Clean running water and soap are preferred since not all bacteria and viruses can be killed by antiseptic hand washes. However, using a hand sanitizer is a good second option when soap and water are not available.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

When should I begin exfoliating?
Exfoliation is something you want to do starting in your teens, and for sure by your twenties and th...
Should I change my cleanser depending on the season?
Debra Jaliman, MDDebra Jaliman, MD
You should change your facial cleanser with the seasons; in winter you should to use a milder cleans...
Does skin absorb water during bathing?
The outermost layers of skin do tend to absorb water during bathing. However, water also quickly eva...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?