How can I wash my face on the go?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Make some “emergency cloths” by saturating soft washcloths with a combination of a non-rinse cleanser and a moisturizer and sealing them in zipper-style plastic bags. Keep them in your purse and use them on long airplane flights or anytime you’re truly too overwrought to do the whole nightly ritual. These emergency cloths are meant to be used within a few days to a week. After that, toss any unused bags and make a fresh batch. If you don’t have time to make your own, you can buy travel packs of pre-moistened towelletes that do not need to be rinsed of.  Olay Regenerist or Aveeno are two accessible drug store brands you can try.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What is the most common gluten-free skin cleanser?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Soap is the most common gluten-free skin cleanser, which makes sense, considering that soap is, by f...
What is mechanical exfoliation?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
As old school as it sounds, this method involves physically scrubbing the dead skin off your face. T...
What temperature water should I use to wash my hands?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
You should always wash your hands using warm water. Very hot water will strip the skin of surface oi...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?