The outermost layers of skin do tend to absorb water during bathing. However, water also quickly evaporates from the skin after bathing, if it is not sealed in. Using a cleanser that contains lipids, emollients or fatty acids can help prevent this evaporation of moisture.
- Q Do I need a facial once in a while to really deep clean my skin?
- Q What are the health benefits of baths?
- Q What's the difference between physical and chemical exfoliation?
- Q Is a body scrub something I need to use in the shower once a week?
- Q How should I wash my feet?
- Q Is it bad for my skin if I don't wash my face before bed?