The outermost layers of skin do tend to absorb water during bathing. However, water also quickly evaporates from the skin after bathing, if it is not sealed in. Using a cleanser that contains lipids, emollients or fatty acids can help prevent this evaporation of moisture.
- Q What is instant hand sanitizer?
- Q Is it bad for my skin if I don't wash my face before bed?
- Q What temperature of water should I use to wash my face?
- Q What is mechanical exfoliation?
- Q How can facial cleansers be bad for the environment?
- Q Why should I use a specialized cleanser?