How should I use a power facial cleanser?

Try using a power cleanser three to four times per week. Make sure the device is charged, and apply light pressure while moving the cleanser in a circular motion on wet skin. Use for 20 seconds on the forehead, nose, and chin, and for 10 seconds on each cheek. Be careful to avoid overexfoliating. Limit your use of the electric cleanser to every other day -- anything more than that can strip your skin of its natural oils. Be especially mindful of your usage if you have sensitive skin.

Power cleansers are sold in a variety of different brands. Drugstores carry versions that can be less than $20. These models have a pad or bristles that fluctuate anywhere from four to five times a second. More expensive models have bristles that swivel up to 300 times a second and can run up to $200. It may be worth it to spend more money if you have sensitive skin -- the more times the brush moves per second, the less abrasive it will be.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What is hand hygiene?
Lisa S. Thornton, MDLisa S. Thornton, MD
Hand hygiene involves keeping your hands as clean as possible, since your hands are the most common ...
Are all skin cleansers the same?
Skin cleansers are recommended by dermatologists as a way to rid the skin of dirt, oil, bacteria and...
Should I change how I cleanse my skin when it gets dry?
When your skin gets dry in the winter, how should you change your cleansing routine? Watch the ...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?