How do power facial cleansers help my skin look younger?

Debra Jaliman, MD
Dermatology

Power facial cleansers can help you look younger by increasing exfoliation and gently removing more dead skin cells and bacteria. In this video, dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD, explains the benefits of using a power facial cleanser when you wash up.

Top plastic surgeons agree that power cleansers can help you look younger. These devices are like an electric toothbrush for your face. They run on minute-long cycles that take traditional cleansing one step further. The gentle exfoliation removes the top layer of dead skin that makes your face look dull. It also allows anything meant to treat the skin, including creams, serums, or salicylic acid lotions, soak in more thoroughly.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Do I really need a cleanser to wash my skin, or can water do the trick?
While scrubbing with a wet washcloth may appear to clean the skin, there are oils and impurities tha...
What is instant hand sanitizer?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
In simple terms, instant hand sanitizer is alcohol and it is meant to kill germs when soap and water...
Why should I use a specialized cleanser?
If you use a harsh cleanser, you could be stripping your face of necessary oils that help protect yo...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?