Is taking long, hot baths or showers a good idea in the winter?

When it's cold out, you might be tempted to relax in a hot bath, but this can cause irritated skin harm. Hot water strips the necessary oils from your skin, and if your skin is dry, you want as much moisture as possible. You don't need to eliminate the bath altogether, but help your dry skin heal by keeping your showers and baths short and using lukewarm water instead of hot. When you get out of the tub, pat yourself dry instead of rubbing.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

What temperature of water should I use to wash my face?
Using warm water is best. Extremely hot water can dry out your skin. 
What are the health benefits of baths?
Dr. Mike Dow, PsyDDr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Baths are good for the mind, body and soul. In this video, psychotherapist Mike Dow explains why a h...
What is the health benefit of having a bidet?
Besides Pilates, the best thing you can do for your bottom is to install a bidet. Why? If you accide...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?