What is the health benefit of having a bidet?

Besides Pilates, the best thing you can do for your bottom is to install a bidet. Why? If you accidentally got caca all over your hand, would you wash it off or wipe it off with dry toilet paper? Exactly. You'd run over to the sink faster than a sprinter in an Olympic qualifier.

So why do we wipe ourselves with dry, sandpaper-like toilet paper after we go to the bathroom? It's not the right cleaning system because it's irritating and increases the likelihood of getting hemorrhoids.

You can't remodel your bathroom simply to install a bidet? Or it seems a tad too Parisian for your décor? You can get the same effect by wetting toilet paper in the sink before using it or using moisturized baby wipes.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

How should I cleanse my skin in the winter?
Humidity is typically lower in the winter, which can make skin dry and brittle. Following a few ...
What should I do when there is no water available to wash my hands?
Clean running water and soap are preferred since not all bacteria and viruses can be killed by a...
Do I really need a cleanser to wash my skin, or can water do the trick?
While scrubbing with a wet washcloth may appear to clean the skin, there are oils and impurities tha...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?