What should my body soap do?

Body soap should cleanse your body by removing dirt and excess oil that can contribute to body odors. However, soap shouldn't remove so much oil that it dries your skin out. Some formulations even work to moisturize your skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
Why should I not use soap on my face?
James M.. WilmottJames M.. Wilmott
You should avoid soap on your face because it is a harsh surfactant which indiscriminately removes g...
What is a natural soap?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
When companies call their soap natural, they are talking about the omission of extra chemicals - lik...
Are there chemicals in soap that make it foam?
There are specific chemicals in soap that act as foaming agents and help it to later. These include ...