What is saponification?

Saponification is another name for the soap making process that occurs when a fat is broken down after it combines with an alkali.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

You Don’t Need Antibacterial Soaps to Keep Your Hands Clean
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to lather up? You might want to think again—especially since handwashing is a key way to protect yoursel...
What is an antibacterial soap?
Antibacterial soap is a personal hygiene product that may help reduce bacteria levels on the ski...
How can I tell if soap is drying out my skin?
If soap is removing too much of the natural oil that protects your skin, it may feel dry or itchy. W...
What is body wash?
Body washes are liquid or gel cleansers that are designed for overall body use and that help to remo...