What is an antibacterial soap?

Antibacterial soap is a personal hygiene product that may help reduce bacteria levels on the skin. Like any soap, the antibacterial variety works with water to remove dirt, oil, and other materials from the skin during bathing. Antibacterial soap contains additional ingredients that are designed to eliminate bacteria on the skin. Ask your doctor or dermatologist if you should use an antibacterial soap.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
Why can't I use one soap for everything?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There are soaps that clean your body, face and hair, but they tend to be harsh and can dry out your ...
Can soap change the pH balance of my skin?
Some soaps and beauty bars can change the pH of the surface of your skin, making it more alkalin...
Is washing with soap better than using hand sanitizer?
A better way to look at this is when is soap and water better than hand sanitizer? Anytime there...