What is an antibacterial soap?

Antibacterial soap is a personal hygiene product that may help reduce bacteria levels on the skin. Like any soap, the antibacterial variety works with water to remove dirt, oil, and other materials from the skin during bathing. Antibacterial soap contains additional ingredients that are designed to eliminate bacteria on the skin. Ask your doctor or dermatologist if you should use an antibacterial soap.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
Why can't I use one soap for everything?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There are soaps that clean your body, face and hair, but they tend to be harsh and can dry out your ...
Does soap contain lye?
Most products marketed as soaps today contain synthetic detergent cleansers. In the past, soap w...
Why should I consider switching from soap to another cleanser?
True soap can strip the skin of a lot of its natural oil and moisture, but many cleansers are consid...