Do all soaps contain animal products?

No, there are alternatives if you want to avoid cleansers that contain animal products. Look for soaps that list sodium isethionate as an ingredient. It's a substitute for animal-derived sodium salts that comes from coconuts.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
What is an antibacterial soap?
Antibacterial soap is a personal hygiene product that may help reduce bacteria levels on the ski...
Why can't I use one soap for everything?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There are soaps that clean your body, face and hair, but they tend to be harsh and can dry out your ...
Why should I consider switching from soap to another cleanser?
True soap can strip the skin of a lot of its natural oil and moisture, but many cleansers are consid...