Can soaps cause my skin to itch?

Soaps can cause your skin to itch. Using a very strong soap can cause your skin to react to the foreign material.

In addition, if you do not wash all of the soap off of your body after a bath or shower, the remnants can cake on your skin and cause irritation. Soaps can also dry out your skin, so be sure to use a moisturizer after washing. Laundry detergent, as well, can cause your skin to break out through contact with your clothes. Use a mild detergent or set your clothes on an extra rinse cycle.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
Is washing with soap better than using hand sanitizer?
A better way to look at this is when is soap and water better than hand sanitizer? Anytime there...
What are combination bars?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Combination bars combine real soap with synthetic detergents (as you might expect, they are less irr...
Why should I consider switching from soap to another cleanser?
True soap can strip the skin of a lot of its natural oil and moisture, but many cleansers are consid...