Is soap bad for my skin?

Soap is effective at cleansing skin and preventing infection. However, some regular soaps can be so harsh that they irritate the skin. Try using a gentle, moisturizing beauty bar or body wash to help keep skin healthy.
Soap is not bad for your skin, but it can remove skin oils that provide natural protection and may result in dry skin. Watch the animation to learn more about dry skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
How does soap get me clean?
Both soap and non-soap cleansers contain ingredients that attach to dirt and oil, helping to loosen ...
What is glycerin soap?
Glycerin soap is a cleansing agent that may help to moisturize the skin. Glycerin and other mois...
Does soap contain lye?
Most products marketed as soaps today contain synthetic detergent cleansers. In the past, soap w...