Is soap bad for my skin?

Soap is effective at cleansing skin and preventing infection. However, some regular soaps can be so harsh that they irritate the skin. Try using a gentle, moisturizing beauty bar or body wash to help keep skin healthy.
Soap is not bad for your skin, but it can remove skin oils that provide natural protection and may result in dry skin. Watch the animation to learn more about dry skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to suds up? You may want to think again. Nineteen ingredients in over-the-counter antibacterial soaps, i...
Are there chemicals in soap that make it foam?
There are specific chemicals in soap that act as foaming agents and help it to later. These include ...
Can soap change the pH balance of my skin?
Some soaps and beauty bars can change the pH of the surface of your skin, making it more alkalin...
What is a natural soap?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
When companies call their soap natural, they are talking about the omission of extra chemicals - lik...