Is soap bad for my skin?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Soap is effective at cleansing skin and preventing infection. However, some regular soaps can be so harsh that they irritate the skin. Try using a gentle, moisturizing beauty bar or body wash to help keep skin healthy.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

What's the main difference between soap and a non-soap cleanser?
Both will get your skin clean, but soap and non-soap cleansers function in slightly different ways. ...
Why is washing with soap and water better than using hand sanitizer?
The debate on hand sanitizers versus hand washing is over. To keep nasty infections away, save money...
Why should I not use soap on my face?
Joshua A. Zeichner, MDJoshua A. Zeichner, MD
For many people, the skin on the face is more sensitive than the skin on the rest of the body. So, t...
What are some common conditions that bubble baths can cause?
Depending on the ingredients of the bubble bath solution and the quantity being used, it's quite pos...