How does soap get me clean?

Both soap and non-soap cleansers contain ingredients that attach to dirt and oil, helping to loosen their grip on skin, so that water can more easily rinse them off.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

You Don’t Need Antibacterial Soaps to Keep Your Hands Clean
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to lather up? You might want to think again—especially since handwashing is a key way to protect yoursel...
What effect does soap have on skin?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Soap removes oil and dirt that can cause skin problems and even infections. However, some types of s...
What is glycerin soap?
Glycerin soap is a cleansing agent that may help to moisturize the skin. Glycerin and other mois...
Is natural soap really natural?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Have you heard the ads for "natural soap?" Do you think that's possible? Well, I've never seen a soa...