How can I tell if soap is drying out my skin?

If soap is removing too much of the natural oil that protects your skin, it may feel dry or itchy. Watch the animation to learn more about dry skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Soaps

You Don’t Need Antibacterial Soaps to Keep Your Hands Clean
Think antibacterial hand soap is the best way to lather up? You might want to think again—especially since handwashing is a key way to protect yoursel...
Is natural soap really natural?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Have you heard the ads for "natural soap?" Do you think that's possible? Well, I've never seen a soa...
What are some common conditions that bubble baths can cause?
Depending on the ingredients of the bubble bath solution and the quantity being used, it's quite pos...
What are synthetic detergents?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Often referred to as "syndet bars" or "soap-free" soaps, these use synthetic - and usually milder - ...