What is a soap-free skin care product?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

The cleanser does not contain a highly alkaline detergent, but that doesn't mean it doesn't utilize a synthetic surfactant that may be drying or irritating to the skin. It's a good idea to check the ingredients list for one of the milder surfactants.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

Will an oil-based cleanser make my skin break out?
If you have acne-prone skin, a dermatologist may recommend that you avoid using cleansers that c...
Should I use body wash or bar soap to cleanse my body?
If you have dry skin, you may prefer to use a non-soap cleanser to wash your skin instead of a b...
What ingredients should not be in my facial cleanser?
Your skin type will ultimately determine the type of facial cleanser you should use. However, it is ...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?