Advertisement

What makes a skin cleanser organic?

Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease)

For a cleanser to be considered "organic" (as defined by the U.S. government) at least 95 percent of a cleanser's ingredients have to be organic. That leaves only 5 percent for chemicals or other substances. A cleanser that adheres to these guidelines will have a USDA certification seal.

 

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

What makes a cleanser "mild"?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MDDr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Most "mild" cleansers are pH balanced (not too acidic or alkaline) and are made with synthetic deter...
More Answers
What is sodium tallowate?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MDDr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Sodium tallowate is a true soap created when the fatty acid from animal tissue is combined with some...
More Answers
What ingredients should I look for in a skin cream?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MDDr. Mehmet Oz, MD
An effective skin cream will contain ingredients that help minimize your skin's water loss. Look for...
More Answers
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.