What is sodium tallowate?

Sodium tallowate is a true soap created when the fatty acid from animal tissue is combined with some type of lye, usually sodium hydroxide. The resulting soap is often used as an ingredient in skin cleanser.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

Should I choose a facial cleanser with extras like vitamins?
Facial cleansers that contain acid, peptides and vitamins are on your face for too short a time ...
What is sodium stearate?
Sodium stearate is stearate salt that is used in a wide variety of skin care, hair care and beauty p...
How does the small size of an ingredient help it enter my skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
An ingredient must be tiny enough to get through the epidermis or the pores. For example, the collag...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?