Sodium tallowate is a true soap created when the fatty acid from animal tissue is combined with some type of lye, usually sodium hydroxide. The resulting soap is often used as an ingredient in skin cleanser.
- Q Why should cosmetics ingredients be water or fat soluble?
- Q How does a cleanser containing glycolic acid or benzoyl peroxide work?
- Q Is it possible to use too much hand sanitizer?
- Q How can I make a homemade skin cleanser?
- Q Can the ingredients of cosmetics actually penetrate the skin?
- Q How are skin cleanser ingredient lists and packing labels regulated?