What ingredients should not be in my facial cleanser?

Your skin type will ultimately determine the type of facial cleanser you should use. However, it is a good idea in general to avoid strong soaps that strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture. Any cleanser that causes your skin to become red or irritated is not for you.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

What are the most common cleansing ingredients?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The most common cleansing ingredients are the following: Soap Compounds: Better for oily skin and re...
Are synthetic detergents the same as soap?
Synthetic detergents, often found in beauty bars, are inherently milder than soap, which can strip s...
What is a soap-free skin care product?
The cleanser does not contain a highly alkaline detergent, but that doesn't mean it doesn't utilize ...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?