Should I use body wash or bar soap to cleanse my body?

If you have dry skin, you may prefer to use a non-soap cleanser to wash your skin instead of a bar soap. Deodorant bars, antibacterial soaps and perfumed soaps may make dry skin worse by causing skin irritation. Many body washes, on the other hand, contain moisturizers that help keep skin hydrated and may reduce the chance of irritation, dryness, scaling, or flakiness.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

What ingredients should not be in my facial cleanser?
Your skin type will ultimately determine the type of facial cleanser you should use. However, it is ...
What is sodium cocoate made from?
As its name suggests, sodium cocoate is derived from coconut oil. It is essentially the salt (sodium...
What is a soap-free skin care product?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The cleanser does not contain a highly alkaline detergent, but that doesn't mean it doesn't utilize ...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?