Should I use body wash or bar soap to cleanse my body?

If you have dry skin, you may prefer to use a non-soap cleanser to wash your skin instead of a bar soap. Deodorant bars, antibacterial soaps and perfumed soaps may make dry skin worse by causing skin irritation. Many body washes, on the other hand, contain moisturizers that help keep skin hydrated and may reduce the chance of irritation, dryness, scaling, or flakiness.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

What types of ingredients are found in moisturizing body washes?
Ingredients such as soybean oil, aloe vera and shea butter all have a softening and moisturizing eff...
Will an oil-based cleanser make my skin break out?
If you have acne-prone skin, a dermatologist may recommend that you avoid using cleansers that c...
How does the small size of an ingredient help it enter my skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
An ingredient must be tiny enough to get through the epidermis or the pores. For example, the collag...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?