How should I use a hand sanitizer?

Make sure to look for hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol, which are more effective for killing the flu virus. Look for ingredients like alcohol-ethanol or isopropanol. Spread the gel all over your hands and in between your fingers, and wait for it to dry to allow the gel to kill the germs on your hands. Make sure to supervise children under six while using this product to keep them from ingesting it.

Also, remember to wash your hands frequently. Even though sanitizers kill a majority of germs, there’s no replacement for proper soap and water.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
Here's how to wash your hands using a hand-rub product:
  • Use a product that contains at least 60% alcohol. Apply product to the palm of your hand. Read the product label to see how much to apply.
  • Be sure to cover all surfaces of your hands and fingers.
  • Rub your hands together until they are dry.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

How do body washes moisturize your skin?
Body washes can contain humectants, occlusives or emollients (moisturizers that help your skin hold ...
Should I use body wash or bar soap to cleanse my body?
If you have dry skin, you may prefer to use a non-soap cleanser to wash your skin instead of a b...
Why should cosmetics ingredients be stable?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
It is common for a chemical to become unstable when exposed to light or oxygen in air and thereby lo...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?