How should I use a hand sanitizer?

Here's how to wash your hands using a hand-rub product:
  • Use a product that contains at least 60% alcohol. Apply product to the palm of your hand. Read the product label to see how much to apply.
  • Be sure to cover all surfaces of your hands and fingers.
  • Rub your hands together until they are dry.
Make sure to look for hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol, which are more effective for killing the flu virus. Look for ingredients like alcohol-ethanol or isopropanol. Spread the gel all over your hands and in between your fingers, and wait for it to dry to allow the gel to kill the germs on your hands. Make sure to supervise children under six while using this product to keep them from ingesting it.

Also, remember to wash your hands frequently. Even though sanitizers kill a majority of germs, there’s no replacement for proper soap and water.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing Products

What is sodium isethionate used for?
Sodium isethionate can be found in a variety of facial and body cleansers as well as shampoos and ot...
How do cleansers made with syndets affect my skin?
Cleansers made with syndets, or synthetic detergents, are gentler on skin than regular soaps. Syndet...
What makes a cleanser "mild"?
Most "mild" cleansers are pH balanced (not too acidic or alkaline) and are made with synthetic deter...
What Should I Keep in Mind When Using aPower Facial Cleanser?