Should I talk to my doctor about my Kaposi sarcoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of Kaposi sarcoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Suspicious symptoms may include blotchy patches on the skin that are purple, red, or brown. Bloody stool or a painful mouth sore may indicate Kaposi sarcoma in the digestive tract. By the time people notice any symptoms, multiple tumors are often already formed, and it can continue to spread throughout the body in just a few months. If it's caught early, there's a much better chance of successful treatment. Because Kaposi sarcoma can have a much more severe effect in people with HIV or AIDS, it's especially important for those people to see a doctor immediately if they notice symptoms of Kaposi sarcoma.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

How to Perform a Skin Cancer Self-Check
How to Perform a Skin Cancer Self-Check
Learn how to perform a skin cancer self-check with this video from Sharecare. Medically reviewed in January 2019.
Where do most skin cancers occur?
Jeffrey A. Benabio, MDJeffrey A. Benabio, MD
Here in the US, most sun damage and therefore skin cancer occurs on the left side of the face. In ge...
Simple Ways to Spot Skin Cancer
Simple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin Cancer
Do you know the signs and symptoms of melanoma? Learn how to spot them at home using everyday items.
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest