Should I talk to my doctor about my Kaposi sarcoma symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you notice symptoms of Kaposi sarcoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Suspicious symptoms may include blotchy patches on the skin that are purple, red, or brown. Bloody stool or a painful mouth sore may indicate Kaposi sarcoma in the digestive tract. By the time people notice any symptoms, multiple tumors are often already formed, and it can continue to spread throughout the body in just a few months. If it's caught early, there's a much better chance of successful treatment. Because Kaposi sarcoma can have a much more severe effect in people with HIV or AIDS, it's especially important for those people to see a doctor immediately if they notice symptoms of Kaposi sarcoma.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
You already know that it’s important to wear sunscreen—one Australian study even found that daily sunscreen use could reduce the risk of melanoma by ...
What Really Works to Fight Skin Cancer
What Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin Cancer
Learn about the treatment options for skin cancer. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with skin cancer, either recently or in the past, one of y...
Surprising Spots to Check for Skin Cancer
Surprising Spots to Check for Skin CancerSurprising Spots to Check for Skin CancerSurprising Spots to Check for Skin CancerSurprising Spots to Check for Skin Cancer
Don't overlook these often-missed places where skin cancer can lurk. The facts sound scary: one in five Americans will get skin cancer. Deadly melanom...
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest