Is there a cure for Kaposi sarcoma?

Unfortunately, there's no guaranteed cure for Kaposi sarcoma. However, treatments may make it possible to completely remove the cancer, especially if it doesn't affect any internal organs. The most effective treatment options for Kaposi sarcoma may include surgical removal of the tumor, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and biologic therapy. Talk to your doctor to determine the best treatment options for you.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

What a Dermatologist Wants You To Know About Skin Cancer
The rate of new cases of melanoma—the most dangerous form of skin cancer—have more than tripled since 1975, according to data from the National Cancer...
What kind of doctor should I see if I need to be checked for skin cancer?
Your family doctor is well trained to assess you for skin cancer. If you have a mole, freckle or oth...
What Does Skin Cancer Really Look Like?
What Does Skin Cancer Really Look Like?What Does Skin Cancer Really Look Like?What Does Skin Cancer Really Look Like?What Does Skin Cancer Really Look Like?
How to tell what splotches, sores and other marks on your skin really mean.
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest