How do I manage my Kaposi sarcoma on a daily basis?

Managing your Kaposi sarcoma on a daily basis starts with getting treatment. Treatment may depend on how far your Kaposi sarcoma has advanced and your overall medical condition. Once you've been treated, it's important to check in with your doctor regularly to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. The relationship with your doctors is especially important if you have AIDS or a compromised immune system for other reasons, because you will need to continue treating those conditions even after you've been treated for Kaposi sarcoma. It's also important to care for your general health because other infections could make Kaposi sarcoma and other immune issues worse. You should take care of your emotional health, too, by relying on resources like counseling, support groups, and friends and family.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
We all know that wearing sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect ourselves from skin cancer, especially if we’re headed out for a long day in the...
How successful is Mohs surgery in curing skin cancer?
Hooman Khorasani, MDHooman Khorasani, MD
When compared to any other modality available for skin cancer removal, Mohs micrographic surgery...
9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make9 Sunscreen Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest