Should I talk to my doctor about my skin cancer symptoms?

Skin cancer, especially melanoma, can be deadly. If you have known skin cancer, a history of skin cancer or you think you have skin cancer you should talk to your doctor. Catching skin cancer early is the key to preventing complications such as disfigurement and death.
If you notice symptoms of skin cancer, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms that look like skin cancer may actually be caused by another condition, but if you notice any changes that are worrisome, it's a good idea to see your doctor. The earlier skin cancer is diagnosed and treated, the more likely your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

Skin, Sun, and Skin Cancer
Skin, Sun, and Skin Cancer
Applying sunscreen when you go to the beach or the pool may seem like second nature, but according to the American Cancer Society, new cases of melano...
What is skin cancer?
National Alliance for Hispanic HealthNational Alliance for Hispanic Health
Skin cancer is when some skin cells reproduce and grow abnormally, and have the ability to spread to...
How to Keep Melanoma From Coming Back
How to Keep Melanoma From Coming BackHow to Keep Melanoma From Coming BackHow to Keep Melanoma From Coming BackHow to Keep Melanoma From Coming Back
Four proven strategies to lower your chances of getting skin cancer again.
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest