Should I talk to my doctor about my skin cancer symptoms?

Skin cancer, especially melanoma, can be deadly. If you have known skin cancer, a history of skin cancer or you think you have skin cancer you should talk to your doctor. Catching skin cancer early is the key to preventing complications such as disfigurement and death.
If you notice symptoms of skin cancer, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms that look like skin cancer may actually be caused by another condition, but if you notice any changes that are worrisome, it's a good idea to see your doctor. The earlier skin cancer is diagnosed and treated, the more likely your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
What's the most prevalent form of cancer among Americans?
Skin cancer is the most common cancer, affecting more than 65,000 Americans each year. Use a sunscr...
Simple Ways to Spot Skin Cancer
Simple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin CancerSimple Ways to Spot Skin Cancer
Do you know the signs and symptoms of melanoma? Learn how to spot them at home using everyday items.
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest