What should my child wear in the sun to protect him from skin cancer?

Dress your child in tightly woven, light-colored fabrics, and in a hat with a brim. Everyone, including infants, should wear sunglasses that block as close to 100% of both UVA and UVB rays as possible.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancer Prevention

How can I prevent skin cancer?
Dr. Philip T. Glynn, MDDr. Philip T. Glynn, MD
One of the best ways to prevent skin cancer is by wearing sunscreen. Look for products with a sun pr...
Why should I check my partner's skin for sun damage?
While you're helping your significant other get slathered up with sunscreen this weekend, throw ...
4 Ways to Protect Your Skin After Skin Cancer
4 Ways to Protect Your Skin After Skin Cancer4 Ways to Protect Your Skin After Skin Cancer4 Ways to Protect Your Skin After Skin Cancer4 Ways to Protect Your Skin After Skin Cancer
You've had it once already. Here's how to lower your risk of getting it again.
How Will My Doctor Examine Me for Skin Cancer?