Can sun block possibly cause skin cancer?

A number of experts were sourced for the simple answer, which is emphatically “no.” What can happen is that using sun block gives you a false sense of security, which means you stay in the sun for hours without re-applying the sun block to all exposed skin. That habit can raise your risk of developing skin cancer. 

Continue Learning about Skin Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

Can children get skin cancer?
Skin cancer is a disease that can affect all ages. Children can get skin cancer, but more import...
How does tanning at a salon affect my risk of skin cancer if I'm a teen?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
Studies have found that indoor tanning is linked to skin cancer, including melanoma, which is the mo...
What is the UV index?
The UV (ultraviolet) index is a measure of the level of UV radiation from the sun. The values of the...
What Increases My Risk for Skin Cancer?
What Increases My Risk for Skin Cancer?