Apart from sun exposure, which factor contributes most to skin cancer?

A family history with skin cancer is the second greatest contributing factor to getting skin cancer.

Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Skin Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

Who is most at risk for skin cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Some risk factors for skin cancer include: Red or blond hair Fair skin A blistering sunburn ...
If I have freckles, are my chances of getting cancer heightened?
Freckles are common in people with fair skin. While freckles themselves do not increase a person...
Am I more at risk for skin cancer than my grandparents were?
The sunlight our skin absorbs is harsher than it was in the past. As the ozone layer has depleted, t...
What Increases My Risk for Skin Cancer?
What Increases My Risk for Skin Cancer?