Why do I need a feeding tube while in hospital with a burn injury?

The extent of the burn may be too large to heal from eating regular diet. You will likely need additional calories to heal your wounds.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

How does a skin graft work?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
When performing a skin graft, a very thin layer of skin is taken from a healthy part of the body and...
Are there alternative treatments for burns?
The best thing to do to take care of a burn is washing it, says Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the ...
What kind of bandage is used to treat a child's burns?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Generally, bandages that are easy to change and comfortable are used for children. The bandage must ...
How can I help a loved one after burn surgery?
Brian Evans, MDBrian Evans, MD
After surgery, the best thing a family member can do is provide support. Learn more from Brian Evans...