Why might my child need surgery for a burn?

You child might need surgery for removing burn tissues (called debridement), or a skin graft for a deeper burn. Surgery may also be needed to change a dressing because it would be too painful at bedside.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

What are the treatment options for burns?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Treatment options for burns depend on the type of burn. Most burns can be treated at home. People mi...
How do I treat an extremely severe burn?
Brian Evans, MDBrian Evans, MD
If you or a loved one experience a severe burn, call 911 immediately. Then, place a cool compress on...
How is virtual reality used during burn wound care treatment?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
According to findings from a study presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of P...
What kind of bandage is used to treat a child's burns?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Generally, bandages that are easy to change and comfortable are used for children. The bandage must ...