What should I do with a blister from a burn?

Don't open those blisters. Though they might be unsightly and bothersome, blisters provide a natural barrier to infection. They are your body's very own sterile bandages. The tissue under a blister is sensitive and, like most open wounds, is vulnerable to bacteria and viruses. If you open or drain a burn blister, you could slow the healing process, cause harmful scarring or invite infection.
Alexander M. Majidian, MD
Plastic Surgery
In some cases, dealing with a burn blister should be left to a professional. In this video, Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills Hospital, explains how the treatment of a blister is dependent on its size. 

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for burns?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
The best thing to do to take care of a burn is washing it, says Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the ...
What is the first aid treatment for third-degree burns?
First aid treatment for third-degree burns is as follows: Immediately call 911. Attempt to mak...
How do I manage my burn on a daily basis?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Keep the burn clean and cover it with the dressing as instructed by your physician. You should get d...
Is there a cure for burns?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The treatment of the burns depends on the depth of the injury. Most first-degree burns are treated w...