How can occupational therapy help me if I have a burn injury?

Occupational therapy focuses on your arms and hands. It helps you regain strength and range of movements so that you can return to the activities of daily living. It also helps prevent tight scars.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

Is there a natural way to prevent scars from burns?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
One of the biggest things that can help to prevent scars is massage, says, Alexander Majidian, MD, F...
How are burns treated?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Burns are treated by first determination of depth and extent of injury. Superficial burns are only s...
What is excision of burn wounds?
Excision of a burn wound is the surgical "cutting out" of the traumatized area. This may be useful f...
Why do I need a feeding tube while in hospital with a burn injury?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
The extent of the burn may be too large to heal from eating regular diet. You will likely need addit...