How do I manage my burn on a daily basis?

Keep the burn clean and cover it with the dressing as instructed by your physician. You should get directions on cleaning and application of antibiotic ointments. There are some newer dressings that can stay on for up to a week without needing to manipulate the wound.

Serious burns can take a long time to heal and require significant daily care. It's crucial to keep the burn clean and free of infection. Bandages should be changed at least once a day. Both physical and occupational therapy are often required, and depression is common with serious burns. You may need to take antidepressants or visit a support group to assist in coping with the injury. Lastly, a healthy diet is crucial to speed healing.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

Should I use butter to treat my burn?
Although commonly used in the past, butter should not be used to treat burns. Similar to other oily ...
What is a burn center?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A burn center is specialized hospital or unit in a hospital to treat seriously burned patients. Burn...
How should I treat a burn?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
The first four steps for treating a burn are: Never put ice on a burn as this can make it worse. ...
How can I perform the energetic remedy for burns?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Perform the following steps to provide an effective energetic remedy for burns:1. Affected area: Swe...