How can I make my child's stay in hospital comfortable after burn surgery?

Above all be positive and supportive. Your physician will guide you in the process of physically healing. Mental health professionals can provide therapy and provide psychological support.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

How can I help a loved one after burn surgery?
Brian Evans, MDBrian Evans, MD
After surgery, the best thing a family member can do is provide support. Learn more from Brian Evans...
What kind of bandage is used to treat a child's burns?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Generally, bandages that are easy to change and comfortable are used for children. The bandage must ...
When should I see a doctor about a burn?
Dr. Alexander M. Majidian, MDDr. Alexander M. Majidian, MD
A sign that you should see a doctor is when the burn seems like it's getting worse every day. In thi...
What is excision of burn wounds?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Excision of a burn wound is the surgical "cutting out" of the traumatized area. This may be useful f...