How can I make my child's stay in hospital comfortable after burn surgery?

Above all be positive and supportive. Your physician will guide you in the process of physically healing. Mental health professionals can provide therapy and provide psychological support.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

What is the difference between a homograft and an autograft?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
When used for burn treatment, a homograft is a skin graft from a cadaver. It is usually a temporary ...
Should I use butter to treat my burn?
Although commonly used in the past, butter should not be used to treat burns. Similar to other oily ...
How are burn injury infections treated?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
An infected burn should be seen by a professional, says Alexander Majidian, MD, FACS of the Grossman...
How can occupational therapy help me if I have a burn injury?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
Occupational therapy focuses on your arms and hands. It helps you regain strength and range of movem...