How are a child's dressings changed after burn surgery?

After a child's burn surgery, dressings are usually changed after making sure that the pain and discomfort is minimized. It may involve giving your child pain medication, or even taking your child to surgery if it's too painful to change the dressing at bedside.

Continue Learning about Burn Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for electrical burns?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Electrical burns  patients should be treated for possible dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, cardia...
Why do I need a feeding tube while in hospital with a burn injury?
Medical City PlanoMedical City Plano
The extent of the burn may be too large to heal from eating regular diet. You will likely need addit...
How long does it take a burn to heal?
Alexander M. Majidian, MDAlexander M. Majidian, MD
The length of time it takes a burn to heal depends on how deep it is. In this video, Alexander Majid...
Should I use butter to treat my burn?
Although commonly used in the past, butter should not be used to treat burns. Similar to other oily ...