Why do moles happen?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

A nevus is a nest of cells that grows larger or more protuberant as we age. This group of skin cells is so tiny that it usually doesn't show up as a visible mole until about the age of four. When melanocytes are mixed into the nevus, it will appear pigmented.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Fun Facts About Goosebumps
Fun Facts About Goosebumps
Did You Know …. 1. The term “goosebumps” comes from the way a person’s skin looks when they form: like a plucked goose. 2. Medical terms for goosebu...
How does my skin type affect how frequently I should wash my face?
It is important for people with oily skin to remove excess oil and dirt, but this does not necessari...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
Is There an Eye Cream with Caffeine for Puffy Eyes?