Why is bee venom used in beauty products and treatments?

When a bee stings, they expel venom. Your skin reacts to the venom as an irritation. Accordingly, your skin increases circulation and stimulates production of collagen and elastin, which plumps and firms fine lines and wrinkles. As a result, bee venom facials are increasing in popularity and have been shown to lessen wrinkles in four weeks. The bee venom facemask sits for 20 minutes; this is followed by a maintenance regimen that entails applying dabs of bee venom night cream.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?
Can I Do a Chemical or Acid Peel At Home?