What are the two main categories of birthmarks?

The two main categories of birthmarks are vascular and pigmented. Vascular birthmarks are often reddish because they're caused by enlarged blood vessels. Common vascular marks include macular stains, hemangiomas and port wine stains.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Foods That Make Your Skin Glow
Foods That Make Your Skin Glow
Top skin creams average about $400 per ounce (and you thought gas was expensive!), yet most offer little proof that they do half of what they promise....
How can I alleviate the impact of radiation therapy on my skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
For short term relief, you can use a rich emollient (like Aquaphor) for dry, reddened skin. Avoid an...
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
What Are the Common Types of Chemical or Acid Peels?