What minimally invasive surgical techniques treat excessive sweating?

Lyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) seeks to eliminate the constant stimulation of sweat glands in patients with hyperhidrosis, while maintaining other normal nerve function. It is performed on the sympathetic nerve through two microscopic incisions.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

More Than A Mole
More Than A Mole
Are you keeping an eye on your skin? Research shows that people who regularly check themselves for suspicious skin changes are 44% less likely to die ...
What can I do to prevent or lessen my cellulite?
Dr. Roshini C. Rajapaksa, MDDr. Roshini C. Rajapaksa, MD
Certain creams can help lessen the appearance of cellulite, says Internist Dr. Roshini Raj. To learn...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
What Can I Do to Feel Younger?
What Can I Do to Feel Younger?