What should I know about an atypical mole?

If you think you may have an atypical mole, have it examined by a doctor. Atypical moles are often harmless. However, in some cases, having one or more atypical moles may increase a person's risk for melanoma, a type of skin cancer. An atypical mole is usually tan or brown, has an irregular shape, and measures up to half an inch in diameter. Be sure to see a doctor if you think you have an atypical mole or any other unexplained skin growth.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist. It’s no secret that drinking more water, getting a good night’s sleep and...
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Chin?
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for Cellulite?
How Does Stress Affect the Skin?
How Does Stress Affect the Skin?