What should I know about an atypical mole?

If you think you may have an atypical mole, have it examined by a doctor. Atypical moles are often harmless. However, in some cases, having one or more atypical moles may increase a person's risk for melanoma, a type of skin cancer. An atypical mole is usually tan or brown, has an irregular shape, and measures up to half an inch in diameter. Be sure to see a doctor if you think you have an atypical mole or any other unexplained skin growth.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Skincare Shocker: Women, Shave Your Face!
I remember first learning to shave. Crouching over the running tub in a bathing suit, shimmery, raspberry-scented Skintimate splattered everywhere, tr...
Why am I getting cellulite?
You may be getting cellulite because you may not be able to avoid it. You can try to minimize cellul...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes