What should I use to keep skin clean and moist?

To keep your skin clean and moist, wash with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser formulated for your skin type (normal, combination, dry, oily, or sensitive), and apply a moisturizer daily. The type of skin you have partly determines how many times a day you should wash your face and apply moisturizer. For example, if you have dry skin, you may want to apply a moisturizer more than once a day for optimal hydration, and you may want to wash your face only at night, when it is dirtiest. By contrast, if you have oily skin, you may want to wash your face two to three times a day, and apply a very light moisturizer once a day. Note that washing your skin too often can make it even more oily. 

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Psoriasis
A psoriasis diagnosis can be surprising—and because the exact cause of the condition in unknown—confusing. Take charge of your condition and treatment...
What is the material that clogs up skin pores?
An oily substance called sebum produced underneath the skin can act like a glue, binding with dead s...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?