What does it mean when a leg mole gets bigger?

When a leg mole suddenly gets bigger, it could indicate that skin cancer is growing inside. Skin cancer comes about when skin cells inside of moles change and grow out of control. This can take years to notice. Skin cancer, or melanoma, can causes a mole to get wider and higher as the cancer cells build up inside. Have a doctor check any moles that have changed in size, appearance, color, or shape.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Keep Your Skin and Sinuses Healthy This Winter
This winter you can still hear Dean Martin in TV commercials crooning "Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful," which pre...
Will the marks from my bra strap ever go away on my shoulders?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
On some women the bra marks may be permanent. Women presenting for breast reduction surgery often ha...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
How Can Laser Treatments Help My Skin?
How Can Laser Treatments Help My Skin?