What is tongue splitting?

Tongue-splitting is a type of body modification in which your tongue is split into two pieces, creating a "forked" appearance. Tongue-splitting can interfere with your speech, chewing or swallowing. That may seem like a mere inconvenience until you consider that tongue-splitting may also cause:
  • Infection, pain and swelling
  • Increased saliva flow
  • Nerve damage
  • Numbness
  • Loss of taste
  • Difficulty speaking

Continue Learning about Skin Care

5 Winter Skin Savers
5 Winter Skin Savers
The winter weather outside might be frightful, but your skin can stay delightful. That’s right! Say goodbye to chapped lips and dry, cracked skin. We’...
What can I do to improve my jowls and drooping chin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Those who grind their teeth often develop jowls and a drooping chin, but there are some key things y...
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
What Causes Wrinkles?
What Causes Wrinkles?