What food products can be used to treat sunburn?

Frozen foods wrapped in a towel can provide fast relief. Chilled tubers, like potatoes, or even plain yogurt can also feel soothing. A bath made with about 0.5 cup (125 ml) of oatmeal, cornstarch or baking soda will reduce your skin temperature and help itchy, irritated skin. You can rinse and repeat but stay away from soap, which will cause additional irritation. Pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it. You can also add 1 cup of vinegar (250 milliliters) to a bath to help soothe pain. Another alternative is to place cold, wet tea bags right on the sunburn.

Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist. It’s no secret that drinking more water, getting a good night’s sleep and...
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?
How Can I Treat My Forehead Wrinkles?
How Can I Treat My Forehead Wrinkles?
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes
3 Tips to Stop Puffy Eyes