What eye cream do experts recommend?

Dr. Oz did a segment about puffy eyes and some remedies you can use to reduce the appearance of the puffiness.

Here is a video of the segment that is very informative. I hope this helps with your decision making.

James M.. Wilmott
Dermatology
A truly effective product is one that addresses all of the problems that are associated with the eye area. These include: bags, puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and a lack of firmness and elasticity. The best products both treat and protect the skin. There should be an immediate and long-term benefit. Some of the long-term benefits include:
  • Enhance lymphatic drainage to remove excess fluids and reduce puffiness. (e.g hesperidin)
  • Strengthen capillary walls to prevent hemoglobin leakage (e.g. Vitamin K, rutinyl sulfate)
  • Inhibit the pigmentation process (e.g. licorice, ascorbic acid)
  • Bind iron to prevent greater oxidation of lipids (e.g. phytic acid, EDTA)
  • Stimulate collagen and elastin production to help firm the skin (e.g. peptides, retinol derivatives)
  • Provide required moisture content to thicken the skin and allow it to work properly (e.g.hyaluronic acid)
  • Constrict blood vessels and capillaries (e.g. caffeine)
  • Reduce inflammation and minimize histamine formation (e.g. allantoin, bisabolol, licorice, remove harmful emulsifiers and fragrances)
  • Protect the skin with physical UV filters and antioxidants (e.g. titanium dioxide, tocopherol)
Note: It is important to choose an eye-area product that does not contain any ingredients that could be harmful to the eyes. Look for a product that has been clinically-tested or dermatologist-tested, without fragrance, and preferably without ethoxylated emulsifiers.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Makeup Mistakes You Are Probably Making and How To Fix Them
It’s likely you’ve had the same skin and makeup routine for years, but you may want to think about updating your regimen. Why? Some of those habits ma...
Do clogged skin pores cause infection?
Build up of oil and dead skin cells in a hair follicle opening can cause local bacteria to reproduce...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
How Can I Look Younger Naturally?
How Can I Look Younger Naturally?