What should I do if I find a mole on my skin?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
If you have a funny-looking mole, you should see a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or a family doctor to be sure yours is ok. If you're like everyone else, you probably have a few dozen moles on your body.  Of course, you're not going to have them all removed, but docs get concerned with ones that are wider than a pencil eraser and those that have irregular borders. And if they have more than one color and seem to be sending out little tentacles out into the skin, or they itch or bleed, you need to have those looked at. If you're over 40 and develop a new mole, that one also needs to be checked out. And if they're blue, get those looked at.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
Avoid breakouts, rough, dry skin and more with these easy skin care tips. You probably have a morning and nightly skin care routine that includes clea...
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?
How Does Stress Affect the Skin?
How Does Stress Affect the Skin?