What is the most common type of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?

Palmar hyperhidrosis, or sweaty palms, is the most common manifestation, and the most socially disturbing. Sufferers fear any situation that may require hand contact. This impacts on one's ability to interact effectively in the workplace and can have devastating effects on one's social interaction with the opposite sex.

Many patients can simultaneously experience plantar hyperhidrosis (soles of feet), axillary (arm pits) hyperhidrosis, or facial blushing. The different combinations of symptoms can vary between individuals; however, the palmar sweating is the most difficult to control and is the most troubling.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Are Your Personal Care Products Putting Your Kids at Risk
The first baby shampoo debuted in the 1950s. Johnson & Johnson marketed the product with the slogan “no more tears.” Decades later, it turned out ther...
What Causes Wrinkles?
What Causes Wrinkles?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
Is there Any Exercise I Can Perform for the Muscles in My Neck?