How should I treat peeling skin from a sunburn?

Peeling skin after a sunburn is actually associated with recovery, so it is best to avoid aggravating it. You may apply a light moisturizer to keep skin nourished. At this time, you may notice that your skin is blotchy in color. Don't make the mistake of trying to correct it with a self-tanning product (like a lotion or spray). The dead skin that is in the process of peeling will pick up the tint and emphasize the problem instead of camouflaging it.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Getting Your Skin Ready for the Big Reveal
Recently the women of the daytime TV show The Talk decided to begin their season au naturel—no makeup, no wigs, no fake eyelashes, nada (not even glos...
How can I prevent brown spots on my face?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Daily use (rain or shine!) of SPF 30 or greater is your strongest ally against developing brown spot...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?