How can surgery help control excessive sweating?

The goal of surgery for hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating, is to eliminate the constant autonomic stimulation of the palmar sweat glands while maintaining other sympathetic nerve function, and minimizing trauma to the surrounding tissue. This is best accomplished by endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy, also known as ETS. 

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Keep Your Humidifier, and Your Skin, Healthy
South America’s Atacama Desert -- a 41,000 square mile expanse stretching from Peru to Chile -- gets four inches of rain EVERY THOUSAND YEARS! And you...
How can I treat dark circles under the eyes myself?
Mr. James M.. WilmottMr. James M.. Wilmott
The skin in the eye area is very thin compared with other parts of the face. As a result, it manifes...
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
Avoid breakouts, rough, dry skin and more with these easy skin care tips.
How Can I Look Younger?
How Can I Look Younger?