How can surgery help control excessive sweating?

The goal of surgery for hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating, is to eliminate the constant autonomic stimulation of the palmar sweat glands while maintaining other sympathetic nerve function, and minimizing trauma to the surrounding tissue. This is best accomplished by endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy, also known as ETS. 

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
People get moles removed for a handful of reasons. Sometimes it’s purely cosmetic, other times it’s because the mole shows signs of potential skin can...
How should I examine my skin for moles?
First check with your dermatologist about how often you should examine your skin. The Skin Cancer Fo...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?