How is a sunburn related to actinic keratosis?

People who tan or sunburn regularly may also be at risk for actinic keratosis. Actinic keratosis is a white, pink, or brown spot or patch on a part of your skin that is often not protected well enough from ultraviolet (UV) light. It may be described as rough or crusty in texture, and you will probably have more than one in the area. It may be small at first, but could grow in time. Actinic keratosis should be taken seriously since they may become cancerous.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
Tell Me Why ... My Mole Grew Back
People get moles removed for a handful of reasons. Sometimes it’s purely cosmetic, other times it’s because the mole shows signs of potential skin can...
Will petroleum jelly clog my pores?
Petroleum jelly is classified as non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog pores.
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
Does Indulging In Chocolate, Junk Food, and Fatty Meals Cause Acne?